Spread over four days, the Festival is a platform for indigenous cooks & growers, renowned chefs, organic farmers, artists, writers, musicians, local residents, and visitors to come together and celebrate the food and culinary traditions in NBR.
Our celebrated chefs, speakers, and panelists include,
● Lathika George, Environmentalist, Author, Organic Gardener
● Abhijit Saha, Hospitality & FB Consultant, Restaurateur, Author, Chef
● Thomas Zacharias, Chef & Founder, The Locavore
● Rakesh Raghunathan, Food Historian, Raconteur, South Indian Culinary Ambassador
● Arup Kakati, Corporate Chef, The Littlearth Group
● Jenny Pinto, Filmmaker, Lighting Designer, Writer, Culinary Consultant
● Pratim Roy, Founder-Director, Keystone Foundation & The Nilgiris Foundation
● Snehlata Nath, Founder-Director, Keystone Foundation
● Mathew John, Managing Director, Last Forest & Founder-Director, Keystone Foundation
● Robert Leo, Advisor, Keystone Foundation & Aadhimalai (APPCL)
● Dr. Harish R. P., Postdoctoral Research Fellow & Project Manager, ATREE
● Janagiamma, Managing Director, Aadhimalai, Healer, Journalist, Organic Farmer
● Malliga, Coordinator (Pillur), Aadhimalai
Through a series of themed events, the Festival will spread awareness and preserve the myriad native food traditions and culinary knowledge from the region. We will be talking about food futures, urban foraging, and more. And, of course, there will be plenty of food: from a meal made after a day of foraging with the Irulas to a sit-down Badaga meal and chefs’ tables that will serve up unique flavors from specially crafted menus.
Day 1—The Nilgiris Forest Walk
Go foraging with people from the Irula community and learn about traditional practices.
Day 2—The Nilgiris Culture Day
Attend talks and enjoy cultural programs, exhibitions, tastings, and a sit-down Badaga meal.
Day 3— Chefs’ Tables
Check out chefs’ tables with experimental menus and our pop-up that features Aadhimalai and other local producers.
Day 4—Partner Events
Visit our partners Café Diem, Coonoor and Periodic Table, Ooty.